Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, September 30, 2005

Math 4 Fun ;)

This problem is in my discrete mathematics text book, don't get too excited Andrea.

Four friends have been identified as suspects for an unauthorized access into a computer system. They have made statements to the investigating authorities. Amanda said "Anna done it." Andrea said "I ain't done it." Anna said "Melodee done did it." Melodee said "Anna done lied when she told I done it."
1) If the authorities also know that exactly one of the four suspects is telling the truth, who done it?
2) If the authorities also know that exactly one is lying, who done it?

I'll post the answer next week.

Here is another fun puzzle you might have seen before. Go ahead and use more disks for a more challenging game.

Have fun!@

1 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Good starter, but let's get a little more challenging, k? :) Discrete rocks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home