Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, September 26, 2005

Amanda's Vocabulary

Amanda, apparently your vocabulary isn't as unique as we all thought! Andrea noticed at dinner the other night that the fruit spread (remember So Rie's favorite strawberry stuff?) said
"Boss on Bagels."
Padrisimo, no?
But I guess you're still unique - I haven't seen "Swell on Saltines" anywhere recently . . . :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Hmm...is your spread made in New Jersey??

    John Stott has some great things to say about the nature of language, which I am just dying to share with you, Melodee...except that I'm to lazy to type them up. Oh well. But wait, I will quote this (it's actually a C. S. Lewis quote): " 'The ideal of "timeless English"...is sheer nonsense. No living language can be timeless. You might as well ask for a motionless river.' " (Of course, he probably hadn't seen bayous.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home