Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Who'd of thunk?

I was going to wait until Thursday to post about this in my "iPod news" section of my links, but I just can't wait. I've already made for myself an idol, and I need to tell the world :)

You know those annoying "Click here for a free iPod" ads that pop up when you are surfing around trying to find cool links to post on Thursdays? Well, I know them only too well!! One day I was thinking, "I am going to try and click on this and see just how big of a hoax it is." So, I clicked. I completed this 3 hour-long survey. Then, I was told to apply for a few credit cards, order a few free trials of the diet patch, subscribe to Netflix and an iPod will be ALL mine. Piece of cake, huh? I'm not sure what kept fueling my curiosity, but one by one, I started completing these offers. Soon, I was in too deep to quit and a few months later, I had a few more credit cards and various samples of diet patches, botox-in-a-bottle and multi-vitamins. But, yesterday, something happened that I never thought would. My "free" 60 GB color display iPod showed up on my front step. Ahhh, ye-ah. That's right. Andrea is an iPod owner. So, I foolishly was ripping and copying late into the night last night. So, 5 of the 60 gigs are full! So far, so good! But, I keep expecting the it's-not-really-a-free-iPod-you-idiot Police to show up to take my car or dog away or something. I'll keep you posted if it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home