Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, September 26, 2005

An Idea and Monday Quote

Carissimae,

I've been enjoying Andrea's Thursday Links so much, and it gave me an idea. Why don't we each post something particular on a day of the week? For example: I could do Monday's Quote of the Week, Annie could do Tuesday's Picture of the Week, Amanda could do Wednesday's Science Fact of the Week, Brooke could do Friday's Math Puzzle of the Week (she has a ton of them from teaching in Co-op!), and Sarah could do Saturday's Teacher Story of the Week. Obviously, those are just brainstorm ideas for each of you :)

If you don't want to do this, no problem; I'm not married to the idea. But it did occur to me that it would get each of us posting at least once a week so Andrea and Amanda wouldn't have to carry the whole load. It would be no big deal if you missed your turn.

What do you think?

Well, whether you like it or not, I'll give you a quote for the day:

They say that faint heart never won fair lady; and it is amazing to me how fair ladies are won, so faint are often men's hearts! - The Warden by Anthony Trollope

5 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Hey, I think that's a great idea. I hope you're reading this, Annie, so I have something cool to look at tomorrow. ;)

    I like the quote, too...

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good idea, Melodee! I think Amanda should have a cooking tip of the week or something ;)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Great idea, Melodee! Thanks for kicking it off with that awesome quote!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Im in. :)

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Melodee, your idea is swell, only I didn't read this until just now! I'll try to find something for next Tuesday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home