Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Runnin' on empty

Hey all, I just wanted to post a little something before I head off to bed. Yeah, that's right. I'm going to bed at 8:00. What's it to ya?? I need to catch up on all my sleep that I was deprived of in the last four days. I'm going to post more photos later on Webshots, but I included one of my favorites on this post. It is the classic shot of a Bourbon Street sign. I love the stickers and decals all over the signs and the beads hanging from the street lamp, but my favorite part is the American flag flying in the background. I don't know. For some reason, I just thought the shot captured the attitude of the place.

It was a great trip. We had action packed days and to list all that we did would take all night. It ranges from steamboats and beignets to plantations and swamp boats. We even got to experience being robbed in our hostel. Yeah, you heard me - ROBBED! But, no harm done and it just ended up adding to the whole adventure of the trip. Jen and I actually turned out to be very compatible travel buddies and I wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else. Very VERY good times...

Anna says...
Wow Andrea, it sounds like you had a great time and fun experiences. I'm glad you gotta spend some time with your sister too! Get some rest, and I look forward to seeing the billions of pictures! ;-)

Picture update:
Some of the billions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home