Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, April 08, 2005

Africa Blog

Andrea is going to manage an Africa blog for me while I'm on my trip, which is pretty cool of her. :) I've been trying to think up a good name for it, and here's the best I came up with. Let's vote! If anyone has other suggestions, too, let me know. I've always been terrible at naming things.

thebarefootugandan. It just sounds cool!
ugandainflipflops. Kind of the Africa tour for California girls, or something. But I sorta like it.
ohuganda. The national song of Uganda starts out "Oh, Uganda." I don't remember the other words now. But I like this one pretty well.
karamojamanda. OK.
ejoknooi. (Or ejokenooi, how it sounds - I can't remember how it's spelled.) This is an enthusiastic Karamojong greeting that I love. It goes with shaking hands...

Whaddaya say?

Melodee says:
Well, I really like ejoknooi, but I think it is too hard for people to remember. For what it's worth, I like karamojamanda best, but that seems to be last on your list, so I'll probably be overruled. It's easy, and it has both elements that would be would catch RMCC-ers interests - Karamoja and Amanda. It makes it specific both to our mission in Karamoja and our friend Amanda. I like it.

amanda says...
karamojamanda it is, then! The more I say it, the more I like how it rolls off the tongue... Ejoknooi can go on the page somewhere, though (with pictures of me barefoot? then we'd have it all!). Thank you all for your input.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    karamojamanda gets my vote

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amanda....hi ya! i like the barefootugandan best!! as i already told you! lol! that's really cool that you'll have a blog when your in Africa!!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I vote for Karamojamanda!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home