Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, April 08, 2005

N'awlins or bust!

In 8 hours, I'll be on a plane to meet my sister for a wild weekend in the Big Easy. I'm so excited!!! How will I EVER be able to concentrate today??? I'm mostly excited about seeing my sister. I haven't seen her since Christmas, and I felt like we were really robbed of our usual quality time. (You know how crazy and stressful we have made our Americanized holidays.) I am so blessed to have a sister and a best friend all wrapped up into one person. We are so alike that it's scary. Some people hang out with us and spend the whole time completely frightened or constantly looking for an exit(or both!). Our similar appearance have also thrown many off. It's great fun.

*deep sigh* But, in the mean time, I have GOT TO BUCKLE DOWN! See ya soon, Jen!!!

Melodee says:
I hope you have a magnificent time, Andrea. Don't get eaten by a croc!

Amanda says...
Melodee! :-0 They're alligators in Louisiana.

Andrea, I hope you and Jen have a blast!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy yourself Andrea. Don't worry about us lonely co-workers slaving away counting down the minutes until your return. Just kidding. You need this time away and deserve every minute of it. You'll be greatly missed here at the old grind stone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home