Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, April 07, 2005

There's nothing like a good date

I had the most lovely evening last night - dinner at the Rex (great food, great wine) followed by an VERY entertaining movie. But, that's not necessarily why the evening was lovely. What made the night so enjoyable was the company and conversation of one of my favorite people - Melodee Mattson. Thanks for the very fun date, Melodee-dear. Let's do it again very soon.

amanda said...
Sounds like a great date, Andrea (and Melodee)! :) What did you have??

Melodee said...
Yes, it was a splendid date. Thank you, Andrea-dearest. After all, it was your gift certificate that enabled us to get all that great food and wine without breaking the bank. :) Amanda, I had pesto fettucini alfredo with toasted pine nuts, red peppers, toasted parmesan cheese chips, and a chicken breast stuffed with...I don't remember...but it was really good. I washed it down with an excellent Syrah. The whole evening was "SWEET!!!!"

andrea said...
I had pork loin cordon bleu with garlic mashed potatoes and a glass of Caymus Conundrum wine. It was pretty divine. I agree with Melodee...it was SUH-WEET!!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Brian Murnion said…

    What movie did you guys watch?

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    The Incredibles :)

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Aw, The Incredibles is a great movie. Your dinner date sounded wonderful!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    It WAS a great movie, Annie. One of the best I've seen lately. I actually came into work yesterday and quickly found a suh-weet deal on ebay. When I get it, we'll all have to watch it again!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home