Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, April 18, 2005

Who's That Kid with the M.Litt?

I've been putting together information for a couple of my professors so they can write recommendation letters for me to send to the University of Aberdeen. It seems rather surreal for me to be asking them to address their letters to . . .

Postgraduate Registry
University of Aberdeen
King’s College
Aberdeen AB24 3FX
Scotland, United Kingdom

. . . not to mention stating matter-of-factly that I'm applying to study for an "M.Litt degree in English Literary Studies."

I feel like such a little kid - how can I be applying for a master's degree? Sometimes I feel that should still be in the backyard playing dress-up with my friends...

On another note, did you know that students of Aberdeen get great discounts on UK rail passes? (Hoorah!)

Amanda says...
Yay! I think you're going to have fun. You'll get to study great lit. (and who knows, you might have teachers as wonderful as Kamowski!) and see SCOTLAND and a' that... you don't have to feel all grown up to enjoy it.

And I know we're going to have fun if we get to visit you! :)

Andrea says...
I know the feeling, Melodee. Although, I've never accomplished (or ATTEMPTED to accomplish) anything as prestigious as an "M.Litt degree in English Literary Studies." We ARE just kids!! What do we think we are doing? But, apart from this, I am so very excited for you and your Scottish adventure -- partly because of the fact that I will miss you so much that I will HAVE to come see you. *wink*

By the way, I will play dress up with you in your backyard ANYDAY. I feel deprived in missing the first go-around.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Melodee, that is so cool! I'm sure your professors (or some of them at least) are very pleased to address a letter for you to that address.

    Perhaps you can still be a little kid playing dress up in the backyard on occasion. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home