Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, April 15, 2005

¡Hola de Cuidad Victoria!

Hola! I just discovered that we have a free hour of Internet at our hotel, so I thought, what better way to spend it then to blog a little. Good idea, huh? By the way, this keyboard is kind of funky, so if I make a typo, it´s not because I can´t type...
Mexico is cool. I´ve never been south of Tijuana, and I´ve been told several times today that that is not REALLY Mexico. It´s also nice that Victoria is not a big tourist town, so I feel like I´m getting an authentic taste. Speaking of taste...I had my first REAL Mexican taco today. Yum!
Kitty and I spent most of the day with Aimee and little Abigail. And this is going to sound completely bizarre coming from a kid-a-phobe like me, but I think that littl Abigail girl is the coolest kid I know. She´s walking now and just toddles around and waving and saying tortibla (tortilla) to everyone. Not to mention that toothy little grin. Ca-UTE!! Don´t worry, girls, I took like 40 pictures of her today. I´ll post one or two when I get back.
Ok, off to bed. Just wanted to say hello. I hope you all are enjoying work and school while I´m down here in (cough cough) Mexico. See ya soon....er....hasta luego!!

Amanda says...
Hola! :) Sounds like you've been having a good time - I'm jealous that you get to hang out with Aimee and Abigail!!! But at least you're taking pictures... Anyway, tell Aimee and Caleb "hi" for me; I miss them all.

Melodee says:
¡Buenos días, amiga! Glad you could check in with us. I hope you continue to have a wonderful time with the Dunns et al. Please greet them for me as well!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    I just sent Priscila down your way, Andrea - so I hope you enjoy meeting her! And take care of my mom -- she's a little weird at times, I know, but she's also lots of fun! I also share your sentiments about Abigail - I'm not too fond of kids, but she is precious. I especially loved her sign language.

    I'm so jealous of you right now -- I'm stuck in cold PA with lots of homework!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Molly, I met Priscilla´s parents yesterday and I hope to meet the girl herself today. They seem like such sweet and sincere people. I´m excited about Priscilla´s good news about being accepted into Westminster and also about getting into the dorms! Praise God!!
    And you mom is a kick to hang out with. We´re roomies and it´s been great to spend the bonding time with her. She sends you her love!!
    Amanda and Melodee, I´ll send the Dunn´s your greetings today!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Andrea -- it was good to hear from you! Thanks for taking time to post and tell us how things are going. I am envious of you as well and I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of Abigail! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home