Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My 2005 Accomplishment

I keep meaning to blog about this. I meant to last year while I was working on it, but I was too busy stripping paint, sanding and painting. I wish I had "before" pictures, but I don't. Sorry. But, the "after" pictures are great!! :) I present to you, dear friends, my "poor man's remodel" of Cache's kitchen.

What is that gorgeous picture on the wall you ask? Well, it is my own personal mural, courtesy of Anya Poirier. Here's a close up. Jealous??


It looks just like I have a window out to my own vineyard, doesn't it?


Here's a look to the right(south). Notice the beautiful hardware that a certain couple ladies got me for my birthday. Strange, I know. But it was EXACTLY what I wanted. Actually, these pictures are FULL of wonderful gifts people have given me to match the decor. They all fit just perfectly.


This isn't the greatest picture, but I wanted to show off more of my faux painting on the walls. It turned out pretty good.


And here's the man himself. Chillin' out in his new kitchen.

Awww...it's DONE. Now, on to the next project....

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for posting the pictures, Andrea. Everything looks great!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Congratulations, Andrea! It looks absolutely marvelous. All your hard work has produced a wonderful result. Now I have to come see it in person!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Andrea, it's beatiful! When can I come over and visit? I need to see you, and I definitely need to see your new kitchen, and your Cache as well.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    I agree with everyone else, Andrea -- it's beautiful! I bet you smile every time you go into your kitchen ... I would if I were you!

    I bet Cache doesn't appreciate it as much as you do, huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home