Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thursday Links

I don't have many this week. There just isn't anything good out there right now! Or maybe I'm just not surfing hard enough. Enjoy anyway.

iPod news: still #1 Christmas gift, still overpriced. Nothing new.

Saved by a tree!

Don't understand today's slang? Maybe this Urban dictionary can help you out.

Bangalore, India is changing it's name!

This year's gobbledegook winners.

Do you have polybrominated diphenyl ethers in your blood?

Popular toys of the last 100 years.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    dude, your urban dictionary link's not working. It takes me to the tree lifesaver again...

    The popular toys article was cool. I think one of my first toys was a Cabbage Doll, which I still have in the attic. (She's in bad shape, though. I don't think there's any resale value.) It's interesting how many of these toys made comebacks: I remember Candy Land, View Masters, and Mr Potato Heads all being pretty popular!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Sorry dude. Link is fixed now.

    Yeah, it's cool to see My Little Pony and Carebears making a comeback too. Those were my favorites...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home