Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thursday links

To make up for last week, I got some GOOD ones here, people!!!

iPod news: (this is for Jen) TURN DOWN YOUR IPODS!!!

Amanda sent me this link yesterday. She calls it "motivation". Silly girl. Thanks, girlie. I'll need this motivation in the next couple weeks when everyone and their dogs are taking off of work.

Go Speed-Lacer. Go Speed-Lacer. Go Speed-Lacer, GO-OOOOOO!!!! These look sweet.

The Chroc-WHAT?-Cles of Narnia. Once in awhile, SNL pulls off something hilariously funny.
"Let's hit up yahoo maps to find the dopest route.
I prefer Mapquest! That's a good one too.
Googlemaps is the best! True dat! Double true!"

Ok, this is the coolest thing. I watched it at the beginning of this week, and thought, "That doesn't WORK!" Then I tried it...seriously, I will never peel eggs the same again.

You science-type people will have to tell me how accurate this article is.

In case you didn't get your Christmas baking done, now you can get your "decorating fix".

Man dates his mom! Ok, it sounds nasty. Well, it IS nasty. But it's a funny story. Read it.

I think maybe some of you might like who TIME magazine chose for Persons of the Year. Or at least you'll like one of the persons. :) You may want to check out their Best Photos of the Year too. It reminds me of this crazy sad year we've had...

Google Music Search? It's about time!!

Ok, this may take awhile to load, but you only really need to watch the first 30 seconds or so. It is a mirror made out of little pieces of wood that are shifted to create a reflection of what is in front of it. Pretty sweet. If you like this, check out all of Daniel Rozin's Interactive Art. Pretty cool.

Ok, I'll save the rest for next week.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Thanks for the great links, Andrea. That SNL rap was HILARIOUS. :)

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Wow. I'm just as bad at frosting cookies online as I am in real life!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home