Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The 8th Wonder of the World

We rented the original King Kong tonight. What a riot...it was actually pretty impressive filming, I thought, but you gotta laugh at a monster gorilla "wrastling" a t-rex to the ground and then breaking its jaw. ;) I only lasted about an hour and a half into it - that girl's fire engine siren screaming gets a little old. However, I am looking forward to seeing the Peter Jackson one in the theater on Christmas Eve.

Really, all the parts that were funny because of their fakiness (although not bad considering that it was what, 1930?!) might be pretty amazing if you'd never seen, say, Lord of the Rings. I mean, compared to John Wayne movies, this is pretty intense, right? I wonder if we'd never seen a modern movie or advertisements or any 90s-00s media, what we'd think of it...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Brian Murnion said…

    Amanda,
    Yeah, King Kong is sweet in so many ways I don't even realize. I do hope it gets best picture of the year, but really I know that Broke Back Mountain will bring home most of the awards. Man, why are people so dumb. Just when an amazing film, such as King Kong comes out, another "great" stupid art,coming of age film is released and people praise is as something unique. Morons!
    Brian-

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Yeah, I agree about Brokeback Mountain. It's shame that it's bound to get more awards whether it really deserves it or not. King Kong was very enjoyable in the theater...it didn't seem like 3 1/2 hrs at all! Much better dinosaurs that any other movie i've seen, too. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home