Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, January 16, 2006

Monday Quote

In considering what quote to post today, I decided to highlight Elizabeth Goudge. I'm not sure why she came to mind, but she did, so here are three of my favorites:

"They had fought and he had won, and upon the victor there lies always the obligation for the future welfare of the defeated." - Green Dolphin Street


"He did not believe in capricious fortune, but in a carefully woven pattern where every tightly stretched warp thread of pain laid the foundation for a woof thread of joy." - Gentian Hill


"It's not the mark of a good patriot to hate the enemy. It's the mark of a patriot to love his country." - Gentian Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home