Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, January 16, 2006

MLK

"Martin Luther King" has been in the top 1-2 searches on Technorati today. I was going to do a Google search, but then saw that and decided that if everyone else was doing it... (lame, I know). But check out Google's logo today, if you haven't already. Very cool.

This would be a tribute post, except I can't remember much except that I really admire him. Learning about the civil rights movement stuck with me more than anything else in my college history classes, and I took a lot of them! The facts just didn't stick as much as the feelings. So maybe I'll dig out my old notes and review this week.

And here's a song by my favorite band, about one of their heroes: Pride (In the Name of Love).

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Bono was taking a little poetic license, I guess. :) But I had't realized MLK died in the evening and probably never would have found out if you hadn't told me!

    Hope everything's well with you guys in Scotland, getting to see the Proclaimers and all...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home