Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday Links

iPod news: TiVo + iPod Video = ohmygoshthecoolestthingever

Survivor news: Finale date announced...December 11th. Can you think of any better way to spend three hours on a Sunday night??? Ahhh....

In other news: Ronald McDonald robs Wendys! Yeah, seriously!

Ok, old-school-Nintendo-Mario freaks, you will find this Mario unleashed video VERY amusing. What it lacks in resolution quality, it makes up for in so many other ways...

Bad dog.

I'm getting this for Amanda for Christmas (hat tip: Every blog needs a title)

Click here to watch the new M. Night Shyamalan
movie trailer. It looks wonderfully bizarre.

Venice is sinking? I didn't know that, but I guess it makes sense.

Amanda, Anna, Melodee and I all went to see Walk The Line last week. Good stuff. Anyway, I found this video of Johnny singing his song Hurt. I promised Melodee I would post the link. I just have a new appreciation for the guy and his music.

Today's Pearls is funny.

Here's what NOT to buy for Christmas. Just in case you were wondering...

8 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Once again you have found the coolest stuff on the internet. Thank You. Being someone who at one time beat the Super Mario Bothers game 3 times in a row I loved the Mario video.
    One more chistmas video Amanda but you have to figure out what it is by the quote.
    The main charatcer ask for this for Christmas,
    "I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!"
    the reply
    "No, you'll shoot your eye out."

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Amanda you are getting the bestest present ever for Christmas. "Lucky"

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Is only Amanda allowed to guess on the movie?? I think Ainsley mentioned this movie earlier...such a classic...

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Thanks for another mahvelous set of links. Mario was great - I wish I were as creative as those folks! Hey, gals, I was trying to convince Trudy to have a talent show this year.... hmmm....Anyone have a marimba we could borrow?

    Amanda's gift will surely be the envy of everyone far and wide.

    "Hurt" hurt. wow.

    The Shyamalan trailer didn't load for me :(

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Wasn't that a great teaser for the new M. Night Shyamalan film? I'm so excited to see it!

    I can think of oh so many better ways to spend three hours on ANY night! Gosh. What are you girls thinking??

    Maybe I am just out of the loop, but I found myself very confused by the whole conversation above...

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Hey Annie, what'cha doing Sunday night the 11th? Maybe you and I should have our own doings since neither of us seem so enthused about Survivor! :)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Ainsley did mention this movie. But Amanda still has to guess.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    um...I'm going with a Christmas Story even though I've never seen it. I read the imdb plot summary.

    am I right?? Do I get a prize???

    I'm gonna miss you this weekend.

    Melodee, I don't think I want to be in a talent show, but you should be. It would be a lot of fun to have another one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home