Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, November 17, 2005

7 is a perfect number

While we're waiting for Andrea to post her Thursday links a little late, here's the meme Ainsley tagged me for. (Andrea, you gotta do this sometime, too!)

Seven 7s

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Go to Scotland
2. At least stop one bad habit
3. Stop taking my family so much for granted
4. Watch all the Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia movies which have yet to come out
5. Travel around Africa
6. Learn to rock climb, because it would be fun and cool and I would actually be doing something athletic
7. Be in my sisters' weddings

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Fly fish (well, I haven't tried, but it looks hard and boring)
2. Talk in front of a big audience
3. Be a movie star
4. Be consistant in spending money (sometimes I won't buy anything even if I need to, and sometimes i get carried away)
5. Copying Ainsley...cut up an onion w/out crying!
6. Win at Risk
7. Have the patience to make cookies more than about twice a year

"Because I can't fill in "Seven things that attract me to Hubby"
Seven things that attract me to a guy (not necessarily in this order)":
1. A sense of humor kind of like mine (scary)
2. Patient
3. Kind to others
4. Doesn't worry
5. Is interested in the church around the world
6. Not too clingy
7. But kind of likes me ;)

Seven things I say most often:
1. Um
2. like
3. totally
4. oh my gosh
5. I love that!
6. dumb
7. cool
Yes, I am lame!

Seven books I love:
1. War and Remberance
2. The Betsy-Tacy books
3. Northanger Abbey
4. To Kill a Mockingbird
5. Peace Like a River (by Lief Enger)
6. Romans
7. Busman's Honeymoon

Seven movies you watch over and over again:
1. St Ives
2. You've Got Mail
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. An Ideal Husband
5. Mostly Martha
6. Sweet Home Alabama
7. U2: Live from Slane Castle
But the movie I really want to see again is Hotel Rwanda...anyone want to watch it with me soon?

Seven people I want to join in, too:
I can't think of 7, but I'd like Rachel to...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Amanda, you have to invite me over to watch U2 with you the next time you watch it over and over again!

    mmmm. Bono. Definitely on the celebrity crush list.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I will definitely have you over! Just got the NEW U2 concert DVD too, which is quite good. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home