Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, November 14, 2005

Cooking...and eating, of course

For Brooke: here's the great interview with Amanda Hesser I was telling you about.

I tell you, Cooking for Mr Latte has been a huge inspiration. I'll never buy $600/lb mushrooms and maybe I'll never taste a Meyer lemon, but I've had a lot of fun cooking lately, thanks partly to Amanda. :) And of course, now I'll follow Brooke's lead and buy real, coarse sea salt so everything will taste good!

Melodee adds Monday's Quote (on Tuesday):
Do you still use Equal?
Mr. Latte: I now use only honey from apiaries farmed on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.

Amanda discovers... what creme fraiche is. Doesn't sound so good to me! *shock*

I love that Mr Latte quote.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Rachel Schaner said…

    yes, and what exactly is creme fraiche? just wondering.

    I'm glad you've had fun cooking, and eating!

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can confirm that Crème Fraîche is widely available in Germany. We actually use it all the time, and to be honest, I can't really tell much of a difference between sour cream and Crème Fraîche anyway. But sour cream does have less fat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home