Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, September 01, 2005

It's gonna be a long day...

The first thing I thought when I got to work this morning and had a drink of water from my Nalgene was, "It stells smale." If this keeps up, I hope I don't have to answer the phone much today!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Sorry Amanda. :( It's almost Friday! And a long weekend!!

    A few co-workers and I just marched down to the Log Cabin Bakery like zombies for our caffeine fix that always seems to be needed towards the END of the week.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! You have been chosen as the official C & C Lo's Neighbor of the Month for the month of August. This honor is being received for being the blog that showed up when I clicked on Blogger's 'Next Blog' button and after passing our rigorous standards. Visit us at candclo.blogspot.com for cake and ice-cream.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I wish there *was* ice cream! :)

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, sorry, it ended up being BYO ice-cream. And no cake at all.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    that's ok, at least you gave me an excuse to have some. (Not that I really needed it...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home