Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Glacier Park


I know I was pretty much convinced BEFORE I left on my trip that I do live in the most beautiful place in the world, but I am now doubly so. My sister and I drove through Glacier Park this last weekend. Holy smokes, how beautiful!! I remember going when I was younger, but I just don't remember the majesty and ruggedness of it all. God took special care when creating that place. (Eat your heart out, Yellowstone!!) I posted a few (of the millions) pictures here if you wanna take a "peak". In the one above, I stole Dennis' technique of holding the camera about an inch above the water. The water was so clear and the rocks were so colorful, it seemed to be the perfect spot to do it. I have decided that this is going to be an annual trip for me. Although, next year I'm going in June when you still get to see the snow and there is no smoke from forest fires.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And Wow . . . did you ever do a good job of it. Really excellent!! I'm impressed. I wish I had taken this one. ;-) (Hey, maybe you should be a guest photographer on the photoblog . . . .)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Wow, Andrea, beautiful! I really think she should get a guest spot on LB, Dennis.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Andrea, that is such a refreshing,
    peaceful picture! It is my new screensaver, unless that is stealing from you or something. Thanks for sharing it.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Thanks everybody for the very nice comments! It makes a girl feel good. :)
    I don't know about that guest-photographer idea. It would be a lot of pressure! :)
    Carol, I'm honored that you put my picture as your screensaver. I hope you enjoy it.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hereby officially offer you, talented Andrea, a guest spot on the photoblog. It would be an honor to host such a great image. And although it would be painful not to take credit for it, ;-) I will most gladly give you all of the deserving credit. If you'd like to take me up on the offer (and I really hope you do!!!) just email me the full-size original image (lbimaging-at-gmail.com) and I will make the necessary preparations for posting. Just remember that I have an addiction to Photoshop and may touch it up a bit -- per your permission of course. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home