Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Warning: This will probably only interest Amanda

My name is Andrea and I’m a reality TV-aholic.

Ok, not really. But, I do reluctantly admit that I have been slightly sucked into the pathetic revolution that is reality TV. Most of them are pretty pathetic and I watch them like I would a train wreck, but there ARE a couple that have some quality content. Seriously!!

Case in point: SURVIVOR

Aww, yeah. That’s right. The beast that started it all and that has outwitted, outplayed and outlasted them all! It’s got it all!! Strategy, teamwork, alliances, backstabbing, catfights and the one episode that ALL reality TV shows must have - the one where they eat live insects, unmentionable animal body parts or some other disgusting items that in “reality”, are inedible. My favorite part of the show is the way it brings out the side of people that they don’t think they have. When faced with survival, competition and a million dollar reward, people can get downright EVIL. It’s a sad, but intriguing glimpse into the true hearts of the people of this fallen world. The resounding comment that most contestants make after the show is all over and they are reflecting on the game is, “I don’t like the person I was while I was playing the game.” Hmmm….interesting.

So, in two weeks, CBS is heading into their ELEVENTH season with Survivor - Guatemala. I’m so excited I’m so excited!!! So, if on Thursdays you are totally bored, come on over and watch. You KNOW that I’ll be there. And I’m pretty sure Amanda will be there. And Rachel, you know deep down that you want to be there too.

Amanda – I know that I already talked to you about this (maybe a couple times), but I wanted to mention it again here (so that there is a record of what I said when I’m proven correct). If you take a look at the Survivors, with the link above, notice that there are 16 contestants, but Survivor always starts out with 18. And the TV preview says to be prepared for TWO twists in the first episode. My prediction? They’re totally bringing back Steph and Bobby Jon since they got hosed with their loser team last season!! Mark my words, my friend, mark my words.

Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Andrea...I dunno about you sometimes, but I do hope that you enjoy this season of Survivor. ;-)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    You know you're just jealous, Anna. *wink*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home