Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Sunday, August 21, 2005

They have DOCTORS for this sort of thing...

I need help. It's 9:30 on Sunday night, and what am I doing? I'm waiting for the cabbage I have on the stove to finish simmering. I had this weird urge to cook something all evening, but was watching a movie. So as soon as it got done, I chopped cabbage, sauted onions in a generous amount of oil, mixed in curry and tomatoes...all quick and easy, kitchen even cleaned in 15 minutes total. But I think I'm going off the food deep end. I won't dirty any more dishes than absolutely necessary, or spend more than a few minutes, really...it's just a little, well, weird to always want to be making something.

What's wrong with me??

Okay, I think my cabbage is probably done now.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home