Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

If i were

If I were a linguist I would be a Diachronic Linguist, of the English language of course. This is the the study of the developement of a language over a period of time. It is one of the two main points of view that linguists study, the other one being the synchronic view(you have to look that one up your self). Then I would be a scholar and I would work for the OED.

If I could be an athlete I would be a marathon runner.

If I could be a bonnie pirate I would quit my job, settle on the coast of northern Oregon and grow fifteen foot high rose bushes with my pirate booty, Cause then I wouldn' t have to say
barnacles ARGH anymore.

If I could be a musician I would want to play the piano, violin, trombone, and a bassoon.

I don't want to be any of those other things. I want to be a hat maker. Maybe. I am still looking into it.

I don't know any one else who blogs so I can't tag them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home