Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, May 20, 2005

Hi Ladies

I apologize for not saying anything for a long time. For the present my life is so busy that I barely have time to straighten up my house, and frankly its not very straight. I have been walking in circles stairing at the wonderful grass that God gives us and wishing that it didn't grow so fast. However, as of next week I might get my life back which means I'll be able to see yous guys. I am looking forward to coming to your house on Monday Andrea. About the Star Wars toys I am looking forward to getting some of the light saber-spoons. : )

Oh yeah. I turned out to be Miss Eliza Bennet too. Hmm.

Hey Andrea I went to Banres & Noble late last night and they had these charming hard bound pocket books with goldleaf and silverleaf. I think they had a copy of Northanber Abbey there. They only cost 5 bucks. I almost bought Emma last night. It's the only JA book I haven't read. They are located on a table buy the cash registers.

Melodee says:
I have a whole Jane Austen set in those cute little hardbacks, Brooke! They fit perfectly in my purse or coat pocket. And the illustrations are close enough to Brock's to be quite charming. And you just can't beat the $4.95. . .

Andrea says:
I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow too Brooke! It'll be a grand time. Hey, bring the dress pattern over!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do they really have Northanger Abbey in that edition? I have looked and asked at my local Barnes & Noble, but can't find it. No collection of JA's works is complete without it! :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home