Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, May 16, 2005

Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil

The hottest thing in German music right now is a 4-year-old girl singing a song about a crocodile. Joy Gruttman's song, "Snappy the Little Crocodile" ("Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil"), was the No. 1 song on the German charts. Her family posted the song on a Web site as a joke, but a radio station in Cologne, Germany, got hold of it and made it a hit. Gruttman is the youngest recording artist to make it to the German Top 10, let alone No. 1. "Snappy" beat out songs by Kylie Minogue and Linkin Park. The song is even appearing as remixes in German dance clubs. Be warned! If you listen to it, it WILL get stuck in your head!

I had to take the plug-in out because too many were having problems with it. If you want to hear the song, you'll have to watch the video.

Watch the video


Click here to see lyric translation

I am Schnappi, the little crocodile,
I live in Egypt, right next to the Nile,
first I lived in an egg,
but then shnapped my way free

chorus
Schni-schna-schnappi schnappi-schnappi-schnapp
.....

I am Schnappi the little crocodile
have sharp teeth and mighty many of them
I shnap what's there to shnap
I shnap and am good at it

chorus

I am Schnappi the little crocodile
I love to shnap, that's my favourite play
I sneak up to mum
and show her how well I shnap

chorus

I am Schnappi the little crocodile
I'm never tired of shnapping
I shnap daddy's leg
and then just fall asleep

chorus

Melodee says:

Very cute, but I think a dance remix would be just a l-ee-tle weird. ;)

Andrea says:

You think the dance version would be weird - you should hear the heavy metal version. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home