Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, May 20, 2005

Paper Bag Puppets

Apparently it isn't enough that I've been responding to everything Andrea posts. . . ;) So, since I have absolutely nothing of interest to say, I'll just tell you what I've been up to that has been keeping me from blogging.

I am not a crafty person, but here I am planning crafts for the Peacemaker Puppet Clubs this summer! So far I have modified two crafts from last year and created two new ones. Paper bag puppets anyone? Worldless book bracelets? Picture frames? Magnets? Doorknob hangers? Fun stuff!

I'm not sure why I took this job. A person who hates shopping and hates spending money is now doing both rather prolifically. :) Just now I purchased 240 each of the following:

Squeeze Animal Squirt Gun
Bouncy Ball
Kazoo
Jumping Frog
Blow Ball Game

Now I need to go buy animal crackers for 1200 kids. . .

Doesn't it make you wish you could come to the puppet clubs??

3 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You poor girl! Shopping does put one in such a distasteful mood.

    (Oh, yes, I remember, it's an opportunity for thankfulness...)

    The rest of femininity may not--but I understand.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Thanks for the sympathy. It helps to know that someone understands! :)

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Well, it ain't so bad when shared with friends, eh Melodee? Thanks for sharing in my late run to the department store. It even made going into WALMART not so bad. *wink*

    By the way, THANK YOU for posting. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home