Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Another fun little blogthing

For all you linguists out there...





Your Linguistic Profile:



75% General American English

20% Upper Midwestern

5% Midwestern

0% Dixie

0% Yankee







Amanda says...
I forgot to save my "score," but I think I was a mix of everything but Dixie. (The assimilation is complete...) I'll have to do it again.

Wow...my inner European is French!





Your Inner European is French!









Smart and sophisticated.

You have the best of everything - at least, *you* think so.




Melodee says:
Amanda, did you mean to delete my comment about my linguistic profile? ;)
My inner European is... *drumroll*...Irish! Top o' the morning to you! I think the description is a bit over the top, though, since the only alcoholic beverage I chose was white wine with the chicken! I also said I liked talking over coffee. That doesn't seem to add up to:
"Sprited and boisterous!
You drink everyone under the table."
Ha.
Amanda says...
Arg! I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd posted when I was editing the comment, but you must have just finished and I obviously wasn't paying much attention...
So you're the colleen from Burlington. ;-)
Andrea says...
Hmm....I'm Dutch. "Open minded and tolerant.You're up for just about anything." I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Brooke says...
My inner European is Italian. Passionate and colorful. You show the world what culture really is. My lessons begin tomarrow morning.
Anna says...
Hmm...I was French too. Maybe Amanda and I really have some French in us. Who would have known?
Amanda says...
Well, supposedly we do have some French blood from Grandma Claire's side. Oui, oui, mademoiselle. Hey, we could start talking like the French peas.
But Rachel was Italian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home