Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, June 12, 2006

I Dreamed a Dream

This spring Rachel and I both got to see performances of Les Miserables, just not together (her in Denver, me in London). She was just playing this song on the piano, and I'm posting about it as it's one of my favorite things, in a heartbreaking sort of way. You can listen to it on the official Les Mis site. (Pretty cool that they have whole songs.)

btw, Andrea, how come you didn't list yourself under "must reads"??

2 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Oh, yeah, and you can take Pulling the String off of "Must-reads." It's dead.

    I love "I Dreamed a Dream" too. And "Bring Him Home" and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" and "Little Fall of Rain."

    Best musical ever. :)

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I almost cried during "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables" this time. But my favorite line is Enjolras's to Marius: "Who cares about your lonely soul? We strive toward a larger goal/Our little lives don't count at all." It's so delightfully horrible!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home