Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Friday

I woke up this morning very excited that it was Friday, and it hasn't worn off yet. Why, I'm not sure. I get to wear my MZUNGU shirt today (which I could have worn any day, but was saving for Friday), but that's not really so exciting. At work I have a lot of marketing stuff to try to figure out marketing stuff, which makes time go by faster; and when I need a break, I can look out the window and watch the gophers frolicking around. (Although they're about to smoke-bombed to death, poor suckers.) Plus it's almost the weekend, where all I have planned is doing laundry and going to a wedding. But now I'm off to eat some leftover apple-oatmeal creme brulee. Gotta start those mornings out right...

I hope you guys have a great Friday, too!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    If the smoke bomb doesn't work, you can always get BLB and GPB to shoot them with Jim Routson! :)

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    yeah. :) Maybe we could ALL take the afternoon off and have ourselves a gopher hunt. My dad and bro have already shot quite a few of them, but I guess decided it was time to bring out the bombs...

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    I'm glad you had a good Friday!

    I've decided I don't really like staying home from work because of sickness. I might have liked it better if I had taken your suggestion to watch W&D, but instead I didn't watch anything.

    But the day ended well, I must say, as I watched JustIncredible hit a walk-off two-run homer to win it in the 12th. Not to mention the fact that my Boyfriend went 3-for-4, plus had a walk, a stolen base, a throw-out at third, and a suh-weet play at the plate. All hail the Chairman!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    staying home from work when you're sick really doesn't count as a day off, I don't think. You usually feel too rotten even to enjoy a movie; sorry you didn't get to watch W&D, though.

    But the Twins sound like they were good medicine last night! I'm going to wear my boyfriend shirt tomorrow...maybe they'll win that one, too, then. ;)

    "Chairman Mauer's great guidance gives us limitless strength!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home