Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Thursday links...

This Thursday links... is dedicated to the memory of Miss Howe whose wit and vivacity is sorely missed. It is alleged that she succumbed to death by blogging. Or rather a lack of blogging. Her blogmates are solely responsible for her tragic and untimely death. Oh Howe, we miss you.

In the spirit of ipod news. It was coming. It was only a matter of time.

Who makes these things up? I am quite impressed.

Fresh Meyer Lemons! Grown in the comfort of your own home.

I saw these for the first time last week. They totally fooled me, but then I am not hard to fool.

For all of use Desiree lover's. Here is one of her descendents. Please feel free to compare photos. The odd thing about this page is that JLC didn't include any photos of Jean-Baptiste.
Please note that JLC is also the Former Professional Heavyweight Wrestling Champion Johnny Angel. There is soooooooo much more interesting stuff on this websight that I encourage you to really check every thing out. Don't you just love genealogy.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the links, Brooke. I too miss Andrea's Thursday links, and Howe!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Brooke, we all miss Andrea, but you are doing a great job filling her shoes! Thank you so much for ending my sleeplessness over the nature of Meyer lemons. :)

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    good links, Brooke. :) I miss Andrea, too! but she and Cache are having a going-away Survivor party for me tonight, so at least I get to see her...

    thanks for the JLC link - I'd forgotten about I was going to check it out after you told me all about it. cool pictures of Desiree. do you think the movie's any good?? actually, I vaguely remember seeing part of it before, but don't know if I liked it.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    ps- let's buy each other meyer lemon trees for Christmas! ;)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Well done, Brooke. Well done. :) I have been checking up on your ladies periodically. Work is less crazy, but the blogging bug has yet to bite. I haven't forgotten y'all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home