Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Hail the Conquering Graduate!

Congratulations to my dear friend Brooke. Tomorrow she graduates from MSU-B with a B.S. in Mathematics. I can't tell you all how much I admire her - she achieved Magna Cum Laude for a math degree (wow) all while working and raising her son, Ian. Here are the two of them after Convocation today. (Sorry it's such a far-away shot!)


Brooke, I would never have made it through Research Writing and Spanish without you - you were the only thing that made them bearable! And it was so much fun to get to know you that first semester in College Algebra. You are one of my best friends, and I am so proud of you this day.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    Congratulations Brooke, and Melodee!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Brooke, and Melodee of course! Sorry I'm late here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home