Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, June 09, 2006

Can you feel it?

The excitement? The anticipation? We all have our sporting weaknesses. For Melodee it’s baseball. This is where its at for me. Here is the entire schedule.

My pony.
I have to make a correction
My team is not called the group of death they are in the group of death. The teams are grouped according to their standings. Argentina is in group C and ranked 9th in the world. The other teams in group C are ranked 8th and 32nd and 44th. Which means any of the teams could win. So these should be good games.

Argentina has just scored their firt goal of their game. Yes

7 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I've decided when I'm in other countries I like "football" (it would be a lot of fun to go to a game, I agree!), and in America you just can't beat baseball.

    go Argentina!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Cool! All I know is that I'm anti-Germany. :) My Dutch neighbors in Normandy were really into soccer and they were telling us all about the Germany/Holland rivalry. And since they were the ones telling me about it, I'm on their side! :)

    Brian was in Scotland on a mission trip one year during the World Cup. He was speaking in a Scottish school the day Scotland was playing and every face was painted blue and white. So, being who he is, he managed to whip out some great soccer/gospel illustration. Who knows how he does it!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    So I'm glad Argentina won today, but I'm going to be rooting for Angola. It's their first World Cup games ever.

    here's their site, but I don't read Portuguese: http://www.fafutebol.com/

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'd have to be crazy not to follow the World Cup. I there any sport more exciting than soccer? No, so the biggest event in the most exciting sport can't help but be awesome. Awesome like when Germany beats the Netherlands (once again). ;)

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    so are you going to any of the games?? :) I'm sure it's exciting to be there when all this is going on.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unfortunately not. It's quite expensive to begin with and almost impossible to get tickets. My brother and some of his friends tried but had no luck. The Swedish team is staying in Bremen though, which is where we live. Also, there is an overall good atmosphere and it's virtually impossible to escape the World Cup.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    yeah, I guess there's more people trying to get into a World Cup game than any football game in America... But it sounds like fun just to be around there in general.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home