Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jamie Cullum

For all you poor, unfortunate souls who didn't have the wonderful opportunity to see Jamie Cullum in concert:




Twenty bucks. That was the going rate for right against the stage, where we could see perfectly and get high on second-hand pot...



By the way, when I (Brooke) took this picture, I was only six feet away. So was I (Amanda), but I didn't have a camera...




A mixed-up playlist:
Get Your Way, London Skies, Photograph, Nothing I Do, Mind Trick, I'm Glad There Is You, These Are the Days, Twentysomething, Wind Cries Mary, All at Sea, Lover You Should Have Come Over, Singin' in the Rain, High and Dry, I Have Could Have Danced All Night, What a Difference a Day Makes, Frontin', Rocket Man, a Willie Nelson song, two drum solos (one by Jamie and one by the drummer, Sebastiaan De Krom, who was incredible) and other jazz-oriented stuff....

...not all the credit goes to Amanda for this post! Brooke.

PS - We heard a new rising star, Brandi Carlile. (She has a kind of a Melissa Ertheridgeish sound.) Keep an eye out for her. ~B

PPS - Tom is cute. ~A

3 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Rachel Schaner said…

    Thanks Amanda and Brooke for posting your thoughts and pictures for us "poor unfortunate souls"!

    Amanda, Who's Tom?

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Rachel, Tom is the saxaphone player. here's a picture of him and the guitarist, Sam:

    http://www.jamiecullum.com/gallery/gallery_popup.asp?coll=71&order=27

    and as I told you...I meant Sam (although they're both great musicians!). aiyaiyai. that's what I get for adding silly comments. ;)

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks Amanda!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home