Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Our House...


I love my street. It's going to be kind of sad when I finally buy a new house and don't live here any more. It won't be an easy walk down to 17th Street Station, or the park, or Rocky's campus. The Rimrocks won't be practically next door. And there won't be huge (albeit misshapen and dying) cottonwoods down the middle of the street. That is what I'll really miss.

But still, any place in Billings is bound to pretty okay. I'm a little bit partial. :)

10 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    ...is a very very very fine house...

    The good thing is you'll ALWAYS be able to go back home. :)

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    yeah, that's very true. But it won't be quite the same. :) Or will it?

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    And how often do you take advantage of the "easy walks"??? That's what I want to know :)

    I love your house. I'm SO glad you moved to Billings from Laurel.

    And as for moving, it can't be too awful if you buy a house you like!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    ouch. ;-) It's because I need someone to go walking with. Like Cache...

    I'm so glad, too! It's nice to be 5 minutes away from everyone. And no, moving won't be awful (hopefully kind of fun), but I just love living in this house so much.

    Andrea, I hope you're posting links today!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Feel free to give it back as good as I give, Amanda. I'm in easy walking distance of Pioneer Park and the Library... hmm...

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Well, I think I'm still closer than you are...

    you know what we should do, though, is start walking downtown sometimes. I'd love to go down Montana and walk around the Depot. And of course, stop somewhere fun to eat.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Why couldn't you walk Beau?

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    lol! Great question, Brooke! Does anyone in your family walk that poor dog, Amanda?

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    sometimes we do...lol, poor hound dog. I just always assume he's too tired and lazy to want to go for a walk. hmm...kind of like me!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    poor Beau. He likes walks. He likes to take us for walks more than we like to take him for walks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home