Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Booger-Dog

Today, my best little buddy turns two whole years old. They are supposed to start calming down at two years, right? RIGHT?!?! It's hard to believe that I've had him in my life for almost two years but then I wonder what the heck I ever did with my time B.C. (Before Cache). So, before all you critics start rolling your eyes over the fact that I actually remember my dog's birthday (AND post about it), try this: Move to a brand new city right out of college, live by yourself, pick up for yourself a little puppy, and try NOT to get completey attached and dependent on him. I dare you.

So, thank you, Cache, for being such an incredible companion. You're my anti-depressant, my personal trainer and the one that teaches me not to take life too seriously. Happy Birthday, little booger.



The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
- Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
- Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
- Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
- Ben Williams

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
- Franklin P. Jones

7 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is sooooo cute! We have a lab too and all of us are rather devoted to her. :-D She turns 9 soon, but I still remember how adorable she was when she was a puppy. (Not that she isnt still adorable)

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Booger Breath!!!! Give him a scratch and a pig ear from Tigger and I.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Happy Birthday Cache!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Happy birthday, Cache! I think you're even cuter now that you're two...

    where's the kitty, Cache?

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    That is such a sweet picture! Happy Birthday, Cache :)

    And celebrating your dogs' birthdays is not wrong -- I do it, anyway!

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't believe I'm leaving a post on a site that is almost entirely pink (kindof reminds me of getting a facial mask at the BSU house) but here goes...Happy Birthday, Cash! I related to you the other night about the death of my dad's horse, and it brings back thoughts I've had on and off in the last year. Why is it that we don't think animals/pets will be in heaven? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think most Christians (when it comes down to it) would say animals/pets will be there. If Christ redeemed all of creation, what does that mean? These thoughts are not well organized (and probably not well thought out), but never-the-less I have spewed them on your blog. (I promise I'll clean up later.) Here's a closing thought: Job's dog was the only one to not desert him. Dominus vobiscum!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Thanks guys! I sent all your birthday wishes on to him in the form of doggie biscuits. He was very appreciative. Derrick, I couldn't find a dog named Cash to wish Happy Birthday to, so sorry about that. :) Dude, it's CACHE, like buffer cache....not johnny cash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home