Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, October 17, 2005

Under the Wire: Monday's Quote

I just remembered that I needed to post a Monday quote. And since I just finished watching Game 5 of the NLCS, I can only say:

It ain't over till it's over. - Yogi Berra
(P.S. I could perhaps also mention my very strong affection for Mr. Pujols...)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    yeah - what a great 9th inning! And Albert Pujols is just such a nice guy, I can't get over it. ;)

    My brother is an Astros fan now, and all I can say is the Cardinals couldn't have a better opponent!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Yes, the Astros are proving to be a worthy opponent. I don't dislike them, although I'd much rather see a Cards/Sox series than a Stros/Sox series. But then again, I've been teetering on Cardinal fandom all season ;)

    The only thing about the Astros is that they treat their pitchers even worse than the Twins do. Roger Clemens had one of the most lights-out years any pitcher has ever had and he only had 13 wins. He was "shut out" by his own team (i.e., they didn't score any runs) 9 times. It's a shame, because otherwise he is unquestionably the Cy Young winner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home