Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday Links

I've discovered that one of my favorite things about my iPod is that I can listen to audio books with it. In my search for great deals, I ran across this promotion. You NEED to check it out. I signed up and I got the whole unabridged Bible read by Max McLean, the unabridged version of Great Expectations and a two-for-oner of C.S. Lewis' Abolition of Man and The Great Divorce. All for FREE! My iPod just got a whole lot cooler.

In other iPod news: Why would someone do this? Why? Why?!? Also, here's a hilarious tip to get more storage capacity out of your iPod Nano.

Best practical joke EVER. Well, this one was pretty good too. "Don't forget your coffee!"

This is a great marketing ploy. The next party I plan will definitely involve this!

The Mona Lisa made completely out of rubik's cubes.


Did you know that 400 quarter-pounders can be made out of 1 cow? That and other completely useless facts found here. (I really don't know how 'factual' they are, but they're fun!)

Mmmmm.....appetizing.

This is for you, Amanda. In case you were a little homesick for Africa...

Cute doggie/kitty video of the week. Well, maybe it's more creepy then cute.

In case you wanted suggestions for buying that bum that you see on the way to work something, check it out.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Hannah said…

    Hey, just because I posted the snake story doesn't mean you can't link! Like I said, it's worth blogging, just for the sheer horror of it!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Hey, I'm already an Audible member. I suppose that means I don't get to use the promotion and get two free books? :( Sounds like you got a great deal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home