Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, September 15, 2005

It ain't so bad

My day today started off pretty crumby. Well, the work part of it did anyway. But the in-between work parts made up for it all. I had lunch with my favorite guy in the world. I had a nice chat with a good friend and mentor of mine after work. I headed home to a puppy that is always happy to see me. I picked the HUGEST zucchini out of my garden to make some zucchini bread. I watched the prez while I cooked (and recorded survivor). Then, to end the evening I watched the first episode of Survivor-Guatemala with Amanda while enjoying steamy gooey zucchini goodness. That ain't half bad, huh?

In case you didn't believe the "HUGEST zucchini ever" claim I made earlier, I included before and after pictures. I had to put my cell phone next to the beast just to show you how big it got. Ok, maybe it wasn't the HUGEST ever, but it is still the biggest I've ever grown. And I SWEAR to you that it it was still too tiny to pick (about 2 inches long) a few days ago.

BEFORE














AFTER

8 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never realized that cellphone was the secret ingredient...

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Yes, you wouldn't think it, but it adds the tangy zest.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Mmmm...it was great bread, cellphone and all.

    Survivor was good, too. Andrea's prediction was absolutely right: Bobby Jon and Steph did come back. There's lot more spiders and snakes in this one, and in the first episode most of the guys on one team got dehydrated, so it's going to be interesting season I think...

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    The bread looks yummy! Maybe I should start coming over on Thursday nights if there's going to be eats like that! But you would probably be terribly offended if I brought a book to read. . .

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Melodee-dear, you are welcome to come over (AND bring your book). But, I don't think there will be eats like this every week. I mean, I don't see beast-zucchinis that often in my garden, so it called for a special occasion.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Hannah said…

    I'm heading over. Make room!

    Unfortunately, I'm on the Tuesday/Thursday rotation at the part time job for the next month or so.

    And I've just never got over how good the Second season was, and how each of the seasons since haven't been quite as good.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    survivor is dumb. but bread is good. this is a very mixed up posting.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    anonymous comments are dumb.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home