Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Work today...

has been pretty exciting so far. I've dissected an owl pellet, which I thought might be kind of gross but was actually pretty fascinating because I found a rodent skull complete with miniature teeth, and other tiny bones. I also made an "airfoil" to try out one of Melodee's science experients before we sent it out in the newsletter, but I need a blow dryer so I'll have to wait till I get home to finish it.

In other news, Starbucks' Java Chip ice cream is pretty good...

Afternoon note...
I was just reading the back of a snakes field guide and discovered the following:
This [guide] illustrates in full color the most common, widespread, important, or unusual representative snakes from each of the 18 families of Lepidoptera.


Hmm...maybe they're part butterfly, part reptile? (See this Lepidoptera site.)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    I wish I could play "Science Class" at my work! Nerd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home