Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Thursday, August 04, 2005

He puts Harvard and Yale to shame...

I like good ole' W. For the most part, he's a pretty straight shooter. I really enjoyed this article about his comments about the public schools needing to introduce "intellegent design" into the science curriculum as another theory of the source of life. You go, George.
President Bush invigorated proponents of teaching alternatives to evolution in public schools with remarks saying that schoolchildren should be taught about "intelligent design," a view of creation that challenges established scientific thinking and promotes the idea that an unseen force is behind the development of humanity.

"Both sides ought to be properly taught . . . so people can understand what the debate is about," he said, according to an official transcript of the session. Bush added: "Part of education is to expose people to different schools of thought. . . . You're asking me whether or not people ought to be exposed to different ideas, and the answer is yes."
I am amused by the attempt to use this intellegent design theory to make President Bush and the conservative Christian community like a bunch of stupid hillbillies that don't know the first thing about science. It's just something that Christians "came up with" in order to "market their religion." Oh my goodness. I really recommend reading the rest of the article. It's pretty humourous.

...via Slashdot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home