Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes...

Yes, Brooke, we haven't been the chattiest lately. My brain is fried otherwise I would present an argument for Colin's Darcy. Hopefully work will soon stop being so brain-consumming! But, on that note, I'm posting a cute email I got at work today. Maybe it's my tired brain cells, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

A visiting minister was giving the offertory prayer :

"Dear Lord," he began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."

He would have continued, but at that silent, awkward moment when he paused for a breath, one very obedient little girl (who was listening carefully for a change!) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice,

"Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"

Church was pretty much over at that point...


Anna says...
I think my brain cells are too tired to laugh at that. ;-) I fear that work is beginning to fry my brain as well. Uh-oh. I guess I should start taking my breaks for the whole 15 minutes AND do something other than stare at this screen, eh?

Andrea says...
Breaks? Huh?? What are these 'breaks' you speak of??

Anna says...
Andrea, if you weren't on messenger talking all day, you could maybe have some breaks once in awhile too. gosh. (hehe...I'm just teasing you, cause it's so fun!)

Andrea says...
I'll have you know, Miss Smarty Pants, that I have not turned on my yahoo messenger for a good TWO weeks. Which has nothing to do with how long Amanda has been gone, I'm sure...

Anna says...
Aw, I'm sorry Andrea. I just have to pick on you any way I can, since you do it to me. I still love you.

Andrea says...
I wouldn't want it any other way, Anna. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home