Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, May 09, 2005

Gee..

we are awefully chatty. I just started working in the church library today andI really enjoyed it. I had an inkling that I might fancy working in a library. I am currently reading this book on hatmaking and am finding it fascinating. The pictures are cool too. Confession: I am reading P&P again. I am starting to think less and less of the Firth/Ehle? production of the movie. Mostly in the character development of Mr. Darcy(you were right Melodee). I hope in the new P&P they do a better job with Mr. Darcy. Have you all been saying this all along?(bright moment)

Oh yeah. Are we just doing the comment thing again?

Melodee says:
Brooke, I think we're still doing it this way. On the Amanda post we all had two word comments, so they went in the comments box. :)

I was so excited to go to the church library yesterday and find all of Calvin's commentaries there! What a swift answer to my announcement in the bulletin! Someone also dropped off some tape sets that look really good - one is all about Lewis and his writings. I want to find time to listen to those. Maybe while I'm *ahem* walking this summer. . .

Well, I've been saying that they didn't do a great job with Mr. Darcy in the A&E version, but I believe I'm the only one. Andrea can provide the arguments from "the other side." I have very low expectations that they'll do a better job with him in the new version, expecially since they have 1/3 of the time to develop his character. Oh well! That's why I'm glad the movies don't "overwrite" the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home