Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Quote of the day

I just dropped my good buddy Matthew off at the airport to take off on a month and a half adventure in Europe. (jealous?) As a kind of "last hurrah", we had to stop at Krispy Kreme so that he could get his fix. He went in wanting two doughnuts and came out with a half dozen. He forced me to eat one and when I refused to eat a second one, he angrily shoved the fifth one in his mouth and proclaimed through a mouthful of ooey gooey goodness, "I am NOT enjoying this." All of you that know Matthew - this is your cue to smile and roll your eyes. Oh, did I mention that he consumed 3 of the doughnuts before leaving the parking lot and the other 2 within 3 blocks?

Bon Voyage Matthew. I truly wish you a great trip!

Melodee says:
Why would a person want to make themselves sick right before going on a plane for who knows how many hours? :) Nonetheless, I hope he got over it and is having a great trip! I hope he meets up with Amanda in London! I guess we'll know soon enough if he did.

Anna says...
So by now, both Amanda and Matthew should be in London! I'm a little envious...

Andrea says...
I just talked to Matthew (via Yahoo Messenger) and he made it safe and sound. He was headed to the Les Miserables theater to see if he could catch up with Amanda. That's so cool...

1 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, i am in london, waiting for the play to get out at 10:25, i hope i can find her, i am dead tired, havent slept yet, but i did get a mocha. | slipped in the theatre at intermission to look for her not realizing there was even a third balcony. But i am going back. It is great so far, even without sleep...i think i will blame it on the Krispy Kreme Andrea forced down my throat!!! Thanks for all your prayers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home