Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Friday, May 27, 2005

Films

Random Mind tagged me to do a film meme, so here I go! I love these little things

Total number of films I own on DVD/Video:
Hmm...without actually going to my video drawers, I would estimate probably about 30 videos and 15 DVDs. I kind of have a problem spending money on too many because there is rarely a movie that I find worth the unreal amount that stores like to charge. But, thanks to eBay, my collection is growing. I also just joined Blockbuster online, so I'm hoping that my movie-spending will actually be reduced.

The last film I bought:I just bought Mansfield Park and Shall We Dance off of eBay and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

The last film I watched:
The Royal Tenenbaums - It wasn't my favorite. I was expecting too much because so many people I know love it.

Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
1. Pride and Prejudice - (the Firth/Ehle version) - Isn't this on EVERYONE'S list?? I'm in a constant state of watching this one. I have it on VHS, but I hope to get it on DVD soon.

2. The Scarlet Pimpernel - This was one of my favorite in high school and I was reintroduced a while back by my fellow kindred spirits. Percy Blakeney is THE perfect man.

3. The Princess Bride - This the most quotable movie that was ever made. I could start quoting now, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to quit.

4. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I know this is technically three movies, but I'm using it anyway! These were my favorite books in high school and the movies are worthy to the story. I think J.R. would approve (for the most part).

5. The Thorn Birds - Another favorite from my high school days. It's a great soap opera type movie - Unrequited love, illegitimate children, broken vows. Great stuff.

Now, I tag Anna, Brooke and Brian. Ready...GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home