Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

help

Melodee I have to choose a humaities course. I have it narrowed down to 2 classes ENGL 260 World Foundations of Literature or
MUSC 341Music History 1750 to Present. Which would you recommend? Please answer today if you could. I need your input.

Melodee says:
Who is teaching World Lit? I liked it, but I had it from the best lit. prof on campus. I know that's not who you'll have, because he's going on sabbatical... *sigh* Generally the reading assignments are very manageable, and there is no paper. The quality of the class discussion will just depend on the prof.

Music History is a great class, but it is very heavy on the memorization, and you may have to write a research paper (I did, but the class last fall didn't). Most of the tests also have a short essay, but she gives you the exact topic about a week beforehand. Dorothea (Anya's piano teacher) teaches it. It covers Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque music - those aren't the easiest time periods of music to study, although it is really fun to listen to!

In sum, World Lit will be easier, but Music History is great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home