Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, April 04, 2005

Tribute to my Cache

I bonded quite a bit with my little doggie this weekend. It turns out that he is quite versatile. He's my footwarmer, my protector, my house alarm and my caretaker. He alternated between guarding the front window and lying faithfully at my feet - what a good boy. In honor of my little hero, here are a few fun quotes for fellow dog-lovers (and fellow dog co-dependents).

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,you would stay out and your dog would go in."
- Mark Twain

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
- Samuel Butler

"I talk to him when I'm lonesome like,
and I'm sure he understands.
When he looks at me so attentively,
and gently licks my hands;
Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
but I never say naught thereat,
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
but never a friend like that!
"
- W. Dayton Wedgefarth

"To his dog, every man is King; hence the constant popularity of dogs."
- Aldous Huxley

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend: and inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear."
- Dave Barry

Ok, only one more...

"Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up."
- Jack Handy

3 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Awwww. You have such a good buddy. (Especially when he's not eating the blinds or the carpet!) I like the Mark Train and Dave Barry quotes a lot.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great and faithful companion. This reminds me of a recent quiz I took, which revealed to me that my "inner dog" is an Alaskan Malamute. Take the quiz at http://www.gone2thedogs.com/. Find out what kind of dog you are. Go to the link on the right side of the page.

    Hugs and licks,
    The Alaskan Malamute from Ohio

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Andrea said…

    "Anonymous" Malamute, I'm a Cocker Spaniel. Awwww, I'm a little Maggie...
    Dude. 2 days!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home