Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Almost human

Holy cow! I didn't realize when I logged on how much reading I would have to catch up on. Nice work, girls! And WELCOME to Anna and Brooke!

After 3 days in bed living on saltines and ice chips, barely having enough energy to crawl to Cache's food dish to refill it (Thank goodness he has a dog door!), I am happy to announce that I am back in the land of the living! Now, my head only screams at me when I move it too quickly. Which is a MUCH welcomed improvement.

I am awestruck at the fraility of our human bodies. If every part is not working in perfect unison with each other, we are in agony. I had a psych professor in college that liked to use that fact as proof that there was no God. "How could a God, who supposedly is perfect, create an imperfect human being with which so much can go wrong?" On the contrary, Dr. Carter!! How can anyone look at the perfect complexities of the human body and NOT believe that there is a creator? The fact that every part requires every other part in order to function proves that human life was no "accident" - It had to be planned. Although it somewhat pains me to do so, I thank God for this agonizing weekend of mine. I thank God for reminding me that relying on my own human strength gets me nowhere. I need the perfect creator to keep my parts in check. I need Him for every step I take and even for every turn of my head (which anyone who has had a migraine can see my point here). The Lord truly is my strength and my song.


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    By the way, Amanda. You actually CAN get sick of just watching movies and sleeping all day. I know we didn't think it was possible, but I reached that point more quickly then I expected. I even got to the point of watching a few hours of Antique Roadshow on PBS and tennis(?!?). Weird.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Anna Murnion said…

    I am soo glad to hear that you are feeling better Andrea! I missed you at church today. (You know, no one to sock me in the arm or anything!! How horrible! But seriously...I missed you! :))

    Amazingly, I knew what you and Amanda had yet to discover -- the possibility of getting tired of watching tv and doing nothing for extended periods of time. :-D

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I'm so glad you're feeling (mostly) better now! :) I've missed you! Lol, tennis, huh? I hope your poor head continues to heal up, though. It's amazing to think God created our bodies to work like they do - thanks for reminding us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home