Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Monday, April 04, 2005

Name that astronaut

Last night I was at Brooke's house, and Ian and I were playing with a couple astronauts. (An orange plastic Easter egg inside a cardboard toilet paper tube really does look like a rocket!) He told me his was named "Astronaut Bingley."

That kid deserves an Only 4-Year-Old to Name a Toy After a Pride & Prejudice Character award! Pretty bright, if you ask me. ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Another Ian/P&P fast fact:
    Ian mistakenly refers to Mr. Darcy as
    A. Mr. Bennet
    B. that guy
    C. Mom do we Have to watch this movie again
    D. none of the above








    Well the answer is A.
    Proof
    Suppose
    Lizze = Miss Bennet
    Darcy* = Lizzie's Husband**
    Therefore
    Darcy = Mr. Bennet
    VERY Logical Isn't it.


    *as he is referred to often
    ie. "Darcy, I will never understand the why you go about the world determined to be displeased with everything and everyone in it."
    **(the wedding)

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    You're such a math nerd, Brooke. I love it!! That's quite a bright little boy you've got there!!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I laughed when I read that, even though you'd already told me about it. =) Ian logic...what can I say? It's pretty good reasoning, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home