Kindred Spirits

"Marilla is a famous cook. She is trying to teach me to cook but I assure you, Diana, it is uphill work. There's so little scope for imagination in cookery. You just have to go by the rules. The last time I made a cake I forgot to put the flour in."

Saturday, September 09, 2006

"Portrait" of Rachel


portrait
Originally uploaded by alscalvin.
Melodee has the same camera as me (a Sony Cybershot). I've had mine since April, and taken it halfway around the world, but I never really read the manual. She has. So last weekend, while we were touring Virginia City and hanging out at the KOA, she showed me all kinds of cool stuff. Like how to turn the LCD display off, how to hook it up to a TV monitor, and how to change settings to b&w and sepia. (fun to use when taking pictures of a broken down haunted house in Virginia City!).

But I still like how my old experimental techniques (not "trial and error," of course!) turned out. I took this picture of Rachel using the iso setting in a dark car after Shakespeare in the Park. She didn't want me to take a picture, so wasn't holding very still...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home